Friday, February 29, 2008
Thursday, February 28, 2008
So Cool Events has hit another winner!
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Our favorite local stylist, fashion guru, and TV celebrity Pascale Lemaire has launched a new website.
We met Pascale when she was the Fashion Editor at Baltimore Magazine and got to see first hand her amazing eye for detail and glam during bridal photo shoots. Pascale went on to star in the TV show "Style Me" with Rachel Hunter where she received third place (even though she should have won). Pascale is now a freelance fashion stylist who assists all types of people find their perfect style.
For those MOB's out there who are having trouble finding just the right thing to wear to their daughter's wedding, Pascale is the one to go to for styling advice. She will consult and or shop with you to find the perfect outfit, shoes, and accessories. She is a wonder with color and in knowing what looks good on women.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
1. Remember to bring scissors to the bridal suite. There will be tags, ribbons, and trims to cut.
2. Unwrap your gown and spread out the train once it arrives in the bridal suite. It will keep everything from being wrinkled and make for great pictures. Think about adding a pretty hanger - the one the dress is on from the salon is probably plastic.
3. Ask your wedding location about the fire codes. Most locations require that candles be enclosed and will not all taper or pillar candles until the flame is contained.
1. Start the seating assignments early. The earlier they're complete the less stressful they become. You can always re-arrange if people cancel.
2. Have double stick tape, safety pins, and fashion tape in your makeup bag on wedding day. They'll be life savers for you and your Maids.
3. Don't overlook table numbers. If they are unattractive they will stick out on your beautiful tables.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
There are a lot of changes at Elizabeth
New Office: You'll love our warm, private and comfortable new meeting place where we can talk about your event and have planning meetings in a relaxing setting. The location is convenient with plenty of close parking. The grooms will especially love the flatscreen TV and snacks! We love to show it off, just call to set up a meeting.
New Address: 211 Old Padonia Road, Suite 201, Cockeysville, Maryland 21030.
New Team: As many of you know, Elizabeth Bailey Weddings is now a team of three planners. Elizabeth, Christina, and Kate are now working together seamlessly to create fabulous social events.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
We are currently seeking Event Day Assistants for the 2008 Wedding Season. If you love weddings and parties and would like to work along side a seasoned professional, please let us know. We are looking for polished, cheerful, hard working and energetic people to assist us on the actual wedding/event day.
Please send your response to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important to Note: Event Day Assistants must be available to work on Saturdays as well as some Fridays and Sundays. Pay rate based on experience.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
If this isn't the coolest thing since sliced bread, then I don't know what is. Check out this attended Donut Machine for your next event.
The machine, from Smoothie Time, can make 1200 mini donuts in an hour. All of those hot, fresh donuts are made on site and toppings like cinnamon sugar and chocolate are included.
You can even upgrade for large donuts. They also offer a Cafe Valet service to treat your guests to cappuccino or latte and bag of mini donuts. Talk about a sweet treat!
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Ice has become so much more than the way to chill your beverage of choice. It's become decor, a beverage luge, mugs, glasses, and even plates.
We love this new Ice Bar from So Cool Events. The bar (in the background and highlighted in white) has a diamond pattern that makes it look like cut glass.
Ice is temporary so your piece is always entirely custom. You can add your monogram, wedding theme, or highlight part of your menu.
Megan and David used ice at their martini bar. Their custom martini glasses featured their monogram and ensured the vodka was frosty cold.
You can splurge on something huge and fantastic like a bar made of ice or go for the smaller detail with ice shot glasses. Or, go nuts and have your wedding at the Ice Hotel.
So Cool Events
And, please excuse the title. I just couldn't resist.