Monday, November 5, 2007

A Virtual Martini with Kurt from Brandywine Valley Talent

Let's have a Martini with Kurt Tichinell owner of Brandywine Valley Talent and leader of Jelly Roll

Share a fun fact about your home life.
Being a good Dad to my 8 year old and twin 6 year old boys is my motivation at home and, at the same time, the most satisfying fun I could ever have imagined.

How did you get started in business?
Music has always been my passion. Growing up in Philadelphia, I was surrounded by great musicians, so we started a horn party band called Jellyroll in my parents’ basement. 27 years later, Jellyroll continues to be one of the country’s most successful dance bands and a flagship act in our Brandywine Valley Talent company.

What has been the highlight of your career to date?
We have performed at hundreds of very special weddings and events and have won many awards. Recently, we have been invited to perform at very exciting event at a very special venue. We will be able to tell you more in December. This invitation is the highlight of my career.

Give us your favorite wedding or event planning tip.
Leave nothing to chance by hiring established and experienced professionals. Don’t sacrifice quality for price!!

When you travel, what is the one thing you cannot live without?
My cell phone/ PDA

Tell us some of your favorite places to shop both local and out-of-town.
Taylor Music (West Chester, PA)

And we must know your favorite local restaurant.
Antonio’s (Rt 202/ West Chester, PA)

Let’s say you have a day off and you are able to do anything at all for 24 hours (money is no object). What would that day look like and who would you be with?
I would be with my family giving my 3 boys and wife what they want. So, I would buy my wife Mariann, diamonds. Have a catch with my son, Justin and his favorite quarterback, the Philadelphia Eagles Donovan McNabb. Stay up til midnight with 6 year old Christopher (that’s all he wants) and build a spaceship with his twin Kyle (yes he wants a real spaceship – that’s all).

0 comments: