Sunday, February 1, 2009

Virtual Martini with Jennifer Hughes

Let's Have a Virtual Martini with Jennifer Hughes Photography


Business Name: Jennifer Hughes, Photographer LLC



Name: Jennifer Hughes
Phone Number: 410-362-7300
Email Address: jennifer@jenniferhughes.com
Website Address: www.jenniferhughes.com 

How did you get started in the business? 
I always had an interest in art so I went to MICA and graduated with a four year degree in photography.  From there I worked in many commercial studios through out MD, DC, VA, & PA, doing studio/advertising photography.  In 1999, I started my own business specializing in weddings, children, & fashion.

How would you describe your style?
My style is casual, fun, and engaging with an editorial edge!  I combine everything that I do for a magazine shoot - to our weddings.   What we end up with is a wedding...shot 'magazine style!'

How many people are part of your company? 2

What has been the highlight of your career to date? Many of the destination weddings that we have shot would end in a tie.  We did an awesome wedding on the exclusive Peter Island in the British Virgin Islands, last summer that was absolutely incredible!!!!  Extremely private...in fact, we signed a waiver for the couple beforehand that prohibits us from using the images in any capacity.  It is a shame, but well worth the experience!

Give us your favorite wedding or event planning tip. See above.

What is your favorite part of the wedding day? 
Photographing the bride getting ready and the first time the groom sees her.

What is the best compliment you've ever received? 
When the bride sent me a note after the wedding stating that I was her "superhero", on the day of the wedding.  The letter went, as follows:
"Hi Jennifer- Ther pictures are fantastic!  I can't even begin to express my gratitude.  You did so much - feeding the starving bridesmaid, making my dress fit better, your humor, and your picture taking capabilities are amazing!  Then after being my superhero at the wedding, you come out with stunning pictures that really capture our personalities.  You truly are an unbelievable artist.  Thank you! Thank you!  Thank you!"

When you travel, what is the one thing you cannot live without? My laptop.

If you weren't a photographer, what would you be? A mom with more time!

Share a fun fact about your home life.  
Total chaos at all times with 2 young children and a crazy dog!  You have to learn to have fun even when the volume exceeds an 'inside voice' level.

What was the last thing your purchased? 
MP3 music download on Amazon.com.

Tell us some of your favorite places to shop both local and out-of-town. 
Anthropologie; any small boutiques with stuff you can't find anywhere else!

And we must know your favorite local restaurant.
Pazo's, Loco Hombre, and Ironbridge.

Let's say you have a day off and you are able to do anything at all for 24 hours (money is no object).  What would the day look like and who would you be with? 
Going to a posh spa for an all day treatment with my husband.  Dinner for 2 and staying at a 5 star hotel!!

Share some of your favorite shots from 2008.

0 comments: