Monday, January 30, 2012

Pre-Wedding Yoga With Sarah Cooke


"I started my love affair with yoga about seven years ago.

It's hard to say what I love most about yoga; there are so many things! But if I had to choose just one, I'd say that the best part is the relationship I've developed with myself through the practice. It's led to so much physical, mental and spiritual growth.

I started working with bridal parties a few years ago. The experiences have been so rewarding, both for the bride and for me. A wedding can be such an intimate, love-filled event, so to be a part of that is really an honor. And for the bride, starting the day off with some physical movement, focus and some time just for herself before the whirlwind begins, has proven to be invaluable. It sets the stage to move through the day with intention.

Arranging pre-wedding yoga is pretty simple. Just pick the date, the time and we can work out a venue. Often the brides like to hold the class at their hotel or a nice outdoor spot, depending on the season. I bring all of the mats and anything else we might need, even music if that's requested. We can discuss how vigorous or relaxed the class should be; if there's anything you want to do in the practice; the class can be as specific as you like."


-Sarah Cooke is a full-time yoga instructor and teaches multiple classes weekly at Charm City YogaCharm City Yoga currently has six locations in and around the Baltimore area.  They also offer private sessions with some of the areas best teachers, including Sarah.  For more information check out their website.  All of the images accompanying this post are from CCY's website and were taken by Eddie Winter.

0 comments: