Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sounds Like a Fun Evening


I never claimed to have great taste in music so when I tell you that Loveshack is one of my favorite songs, you shouldn't be surprised. In 1999 I opened a small retail wedding store (along with Hannah Rodewald) called Hannah Elizabeth. The purpose of opening the store was to provide my wedding planning clients with fabulous and at the time, hard to find items for their weddings. It was located in Stevenson Village and was tiny (really tiny). My children nicknamed it The Love Shack and so we affectionately remember all those hours spent at the store working with wedding clients and thus the love for the song. Hannah Elizabeth moved to Green Spring Station in 2001 and I held client meetings there until Hannah took over the store in 2007 and I moved to the new office in Cockeysville.

I just read that The B52s are coming to perform a concert at Rams Head Live, just south of Baltimore. The concert will be on Wednesday, May 13th at 8:00 pm and tickets are $ 45.00. It sounds like a great way to spend an evening. By the way, do you know how the band got their name? The name is Southern slang for the mile high bouffant wigs worn by singers Kate Pierson and Cindy Wilson. Wonder if that is a Trivial Pursuit question.

0 comments: